KNOXVILLE FOODBORNE ILLNESS DEFENSE LAWYER
- E. coli: E. coli is a common bacteria found in human and animal intestinal tracts. Many forms are harmless, but some strains can cause serious vomiting, cramps and diarrhea. The elderly and young children are especially at risk due to the potential for kidney failure.
- Salmonella: This organism also lives in human and animal intestines. Outbreaks are caused when food is contaminated with feces. Meat, poultry, raw eggs and seafood are common sources, but fruits and vegetables can be affected if watered with contaminated water. Salmonella poisoning is often minor, causing vomiting, stomach cramping and diarrhea. If in the bloodstream, however, salmonella can cause much more serious illnesses like meningitis.
- Hepatitis A: This is caused by a contagious virus spread often through contaminated water. It can also be transmitted by eating shellfish from contaminated water. It can cause liver damage, especially for the elderly and those with liver disease.
HIGHLY EXPERIENCED REPRESENTATION
Tennessee food poisoning Attorney Martin Ellis has taught many classes and seminars on foodborne illnesses:
- 4th Annual Food Safety Symposium: Foodborne Illness-Prevention & Crisis Management
- 5th Annual Food Safety Symposium: The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men – Foodborne Illness
- Legal Liability and Best Practices for Protecting Yourself and Your Brand, FoodSafetyTech
EFFECTIVE GUIDANCE FOR ALL CLIENTS | TENNESSEE FOODBORNE ILLNESS ATTORNEYS
To discuss your case and your options for free, call our office at 865-951-2257 or contact us online here. Lawyers Martin Ellis and Daniel Ellis are available days, evenings and weekends. We are off the I-40 at the Cedar Bluff exit. If needed, we will travel to the hospital, your home or another convenient location.