DANIEL LOGUE ELLIS
Attorney at Law and Mediator*
*Rule 31 Certified General Civil and Family Mediator with Special Training in Domestic Violence
Daniel has was named to the Tennessee Bar Association’s (TBA) 2016 Leadership Law Class and successfully graduated in July of 2016. TBA Leadership Law is designed to equip Tennessee lawyers with the vision, knowledge and skills necessary to serve as leaders in their profession and local communities. Daniel is grateful for the ongoing opportunity to forge meaningful connections with Attorneys from all across Tennessee.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Personal Injury and General Civil Litigation
- Representing Employees in Security Clearance Hearings and Appeals
- Criminal Defense
- Juvenile Delinquency Defense
- General Civil Trial Practice
- Special Education
- Social Security Disability
- Assisting individuals in Probate and with Powers of Attorney and Last Wills and Testaments, and Conservatorships
- 60% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Tennessee, 2009
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee, 2010
- University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, Tennessee
- J.D. – 2009
- Earlham College, Richmond, Indiana
- B.A. – 2006
- Major: Politics
- Technology for Lawyers – Reasonable Efforts to Protect Client Information in the Cloud, featured in Dicta the monthly Magazine of the Knoxville Bar Association, August 2014
- Providing Effective Communication to your Clients – Tennessee Bar Association Disability Law Section Newsletter, March, 2010
- Primary Author of the following sections of a Continuing Legal Education Seminar in 2015 for the National Business Institute:
- Modern Firearms, Curios and Relics, and Antiques Important Definitions
- Purchasing Requirements
- Form 4473
- Multiple Handguns and Form 3310.4
- Private Party Transfers and Gun Show Purchases
- Title 1 Firearms and Purchasers with Criminal Records and Restraining Orders
- Co-Authored and Co-Presented, a Continuing Legal Education Seminar on Tennessee’s Expungement Law and Certificates of Employability with Professor Joy Radice, March 31, 2016.
- Panelist, Discussion of Rights and Responsibilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act, City of Knoxville’s Accessibility Symposium, August 28, 2013
- Panelist, City of Knoxville Accessibility Symposium, August 23, 2013
- Presenter, Integrating Assistive Technology into the Practice of Law, Oak Ridge Chapter of CIVITAN Club, at the High Places Community Church, July 14, 2010
- Presenter, Integrating Assistive Technology into Everyday Life: From Grade School to the Workplace, Oak Ridge CIVITAN Club, at the High Places Community Church, July 14, 2010
- Presenter, Integrating Assistive Technology into the Practice of Law, East Tennessee Chapter of the Tennessee Paralegal Association, September 17, 2009
- Panelist, Knoxville Public Meeting on Access to Justice Issues, February 26, 2009 – February 29, 2009
- Seminar, Title 1 Firearms and Their Regulation, for the National Business Institute’s 2016 Gun Law Continuing Legal Education Seminar, April 7, 2016
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Donald F. Paine Volunteer Law Student Award, 2009
- Tennessee Bar Associations Law Student Volunteer of the Year Award, 2009
- South-East Regional Representation in Mediation Moot Court Champions, 2009
- William M. Leech, Jr. Public Service Award, 2009
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz Student Leadership Award Recipient, 2008
- Kolwyck Equal Access to Justice Fellow Recipient, 2007
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Knoxville Bar Association, 2009 – Present
- Anderson County Bar Assoication, 2010 – Present.
- Tennessee Bar Association, 2009 – Present
- Tennessee Bar Association Leadership Law Alumni Association 2016 – Present.
- American Bar Association 2009-2010.
- American Inn of Court, Hamilton Burnett Chapter, 2013 to Present.
- Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- Mostoller, Stulberg, Whitfield, Allen, Attorney at Law, 2009 – 2013
- Legal Aid of East Tennessee, 2008.
PRO BONO ACTIVITIES
- Knoxville Bar Association’s Barristers Access to Justice CommitteeCo-Chair, 2016 to Present
- Participate each year in the Wills for Heroes for Knoxville Emergency First Responders, including Police Officers, Firefighters, and Emergency Medical Technicians. Have Participated in for more than 3 years.
- Volunteer, Knoxville Bar Associations Professional Clothing Drive to provide clothing to those in need.
- Board Member, Sertoma Center, 2016 – Present
- Board Member, Emory Valley Center, from 2011 – 2016.
Location: 190 B Marketplace Blvd., Knoxville, Tennessee 37922
Email: E-mail Me